Friday 25 June 2010

blind chinaman

I dropped my glasses. Fuck!! Now it's shattered, I'm searching for a second frame. I think I need one since I've had this pair for the last 5 years and a person deserves some subtle changes as he grows older. Looking around I found myself magnetically attracted to a Tom Ford 1950's round frame.

The leggie sales assistant rapidly moved towards me and suggested that I should give it a try. Looking at her slightly tan legs, I dull fully agreed. As I put it on, I automatically laughed because it reminded me of the film Tai-Pan. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about - Wikipedia it! Anyway, the glasses make me look like a Chinese opium den owner during the British occupation of Hong Kong. I don't know what is worse; looking like an opium den owner or a Gweilo trying to look like a Chinese?


By this time, my leggy bronze sales assistant was commenting on my new look. I deliberately stalled my excitement and tried others brands. Baby, you have to work for this sale!! After trying half a dozen of glasses, I finally chose Tom Ford's to the leggy bronze relief. In one week, I'll have my new glasses. But not before she slipped her mobile number to see whether a friendly coffee was possible.


Looks like Tom Ford's charm is working already. An investment worth having!!

No comments:

Post a Comment