Friday 26 February 2010

hic!...otro vino rojo por favor...hic! hic!




Ah, wines! My lovely friend, your sweet taste makes me feel wanted. I don't think I can ever stop loving you, my sweet lovely wine. Bodegas y Vinedos in PeƱafiel, Spain have a 'new-ish' winery & headquarters designed by KonkritBlu Arquitectura. Situated on a small hill in the middle of the Castilian plateau, the concrete building was designed to be a part of the landscape, similar to adding another hill to the terrain. The architects are able to lengthen extend the window length to increase the natural light by extending the roof. Looking closely, you'll notice that the tightly ordered building has its advantages. By narrowing the south portion of the building, a thermal buffer was created. Meanwhile, on the north side, the wider segment with its ground's thermal mass, controls temperature fluctuation of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment