Saturday 27 February 2010

Guido + ??? = OMG!!

I've always been curious about 'The One'. Everyone seems to believe that there is only one special person in their life. I disagree. It seems preposterous that you're stuck with only one the rest of your life, I mean, what the hell would you learn from that one person? How to do laundry, how to give a good blowjob (remember girls, not too much teeth or biting), how to put the toilet seat up or how to not nag? The list would be endless. I follow a different route whereby I believe, you meet different 'The One' as you progress in life. You meet them because they are there to challenge, teach and guide you through your life. Of course, I can see many of you disregard this notion but I'm sure if you're honest with yourself, you'll definitely be persuaded. One person?! Pah!! Ridiculous.

All this brings me to discuss the laws of sexual attraction. Yee-haw! According to a sex therapist Dr. Laura Berman, 'attraction has a lot more to do with science and evolution than people might think. We are innately all puppies in heat. We are capable of discerning 10,000 different scents consciously. But then there's a whole realm of unconscious scents that we're not even aware that we're smelling. These odours let people know when a woman is fertile and when a man's testosterone levels are high. As a result, individuals can tell when someone else is most ripe for reproduction'.

According to her, there is a difference between love and chemistry. Take a really good whiff of him without cologne when he's relatively clean (ladies, that's a challenge in itself). If that smell turns you on, that's a really good cue of chemistry. The women were most attracted to the shirts of men with a different major histocompatability complex (MHC) from them. MHC is a collection of genes that are related to immune systems. We unconsciously want to mate with someone who has a different immune system than ours because that helps with the survival of our offspring.


All this is fair and good but where are the living examples? I know this might be a tad bit generalist but interracial relationships tend to be skewed because there is more Black male with White female, White male with Oriental female and Middle Eastern male with White female. Meanwhile, there is a lack of White male with Black female, White male with Middle Eastern female and absolute miniscule (forgive me for the punt!) amount of Oriental male with White female. Why is there such a apparent discrepancy? I might have to do a study on the matter starting in my office. Hopefully, I don't get sued for sexual/racial discrimination. That would be a bummer because it's kinda difficult writing a blog when you're in the cell. Then again, I could do similar research with same-sex inmates' sexual preferences. Hmmm.


Invariably, all these discussions about 'The One' will end up with someone saying, 'you know when you know'. How annoying. What the hell does that mean anyway? If I was to follow Miss Berman's study, I guess I'll end up with a Oriental female. Sounds good because I've never been with one. Result! Talking of which, where is the Brunette? Uh-oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment