Friday 22 January 2010

moonglow

3 days. 8 hours sleep in total. 133 pages of documents read. 51 hours of CAD design & Photoshop (15 hours without toilet break). 48 cups of tea (29 normal & 19 green). 1 fish pie. 4 blog posts. 456 Spotify music tracks on repeat. 1 felt tip pen. 1 Caesar salad. 8 hours talking to myself. 3 A3 tracing pad. 1 paper written by Paolo. 5 hours on the mobile. 1 messy divorce. 1 letter posted. 8/10 average stress level. 17 emails sent (16 short & 1 very long). 9 webcam calls. 2 Tesco break. 3 Cadbury's Mix Fruit. 0 shaves. 2 laundries. 1 beef stroganoff. 2 boxes of Ocean Spray cranberry juice. 0 sleeping pills.

It's fucking Friday & I'm still fucking awake!! Jesus!! What the hell is going on?! Mother-fucker!! £@~%$#}*!! I am cursed, I tell you. I AM CURSED!!

To be fair, it isn't that bad. Not sleeping has been a regular occurrence since college days. I haven't been sleeping well for many years and it's a natural state now. The night is like a woman and when you spend so much time not sleeping, she becomes your friend and gets to know better. Slowly, she becomes a lover, she caresses you, her silence soothes your soul, she understands you, you feel at peace with her, your thoughts become clearer, your senses heighten and you become addicted to her. Suddenly, you're in love with her. She's intoxicating but deep down I know it's not good for me but I hate the thought of her being with someone else. So, the sleepless nights remains.


On average, our body requires 8 hours sleep a day but I've been averaging 4. Maybe my love is deeper than I thought - The Architect's Curse. Oh well, I can always catch up on my sleep when I'm 6 feet underground with Moonglow by Errol Garner (see below) in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment