Tuesday 15 February 2011

menu gestapo

Every Goddamn year, the 14th of Feb is the worst day to be an individual. As like any other day, I would get up and get ready to go to work. But, on the 14th, all hell break lose! Fucking red balloons made into arches, giant white teddy bears hugging love hearts, red heart shape cut-outs pasted on window fronts, red roses cramped into every shape and size of buckets that can fit them, my local M&S filled to the brim with £20 dinner for two meal deals and worst of all, in every restaurant, I am succumbed into a 'Valentine's Set Menu'. Forced into submission to order what everyone else is eating, I retire in despair to my local take-away Indian - Bombay Bicycle. What the fuck is a 'Valentine's Set Menu' anyway?!?! What about the single people?? Are they expelled into the abyss during the day of 'couple-dom'? How selfish these couples? Grinning from ear to ear in happiness, eyes glazed in love and vision blinded in content - FUCK YOU ALL!! All I want, is to be able to choose what I Goddamn want to eat and not forced into some mediocre duck terrine shite!

Calmness decends after my rant and I bought roses for the Brunette. Not the typical and over-used red ones but a selection of white and pink roses. Who cares about True Love when Eternal Love with Youth is better. Happy Valentine's Brunette and hope you like Indian tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment