Friday 11 June 2010

raisins and blackcurrant

Milanówek is a town (In the Middle Masovian Plain, between Łowicz and Błonie) and a seat of a separate commune in Poland in the powiat of Grodzisk Mazowiecki near Warsaw, it is often considered an outlying suburb of the capital of Poland but is in fact an independent entity administratively and culturally. By the time I got there, the BBQ was already in full steam and the aroma of marinated pork was intoxicating. The Żywiec and Okocim were going down well. Bearing in mind that Okocim is 7.1%, I knew it would be a long long night.

After a couple of hours, my hosts decided to step it up and brought out his own Bimber. Now we are talking! The last time I had this was when I was in the US hence I'm looking forward to it. Well, Moonshine
is an alcoholic beverage produced mainly at home. Due to the simplicity of the equipment used it is obtained by periodic distillation. The ingredients mostly derived from lower-priced products such as cereals, potatoes, sweets, molasses and sugar. The final product is colorless and has a sharp, unpleasant odour, representing the compound (i.e. in ajerkoniaku) it gives the impression of a spirit taste.

4 bottles later, countless amount of vodka, a variety of beers, delicious food along the way and cigarettes, everyone was merry and I fell asleep around 5am. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment