Thursday 14 January 2010

needle NOT in a haystack

What is that, a golden needle just north of Madrid? It can't be any other than Santiago Calatrava's new obelisk for the city of Madrid. Located in the financial district, the sculpture on Plaza de Castilla was a donation from Caja Madrid to the city to commemorate its 300th anniversary. The sculpture is perfectly framed in-between Philip Johnson & John Burgee's Puerta de Europa towers. As you would expect from all Mr Calatrava's work, the 493 golden bronze cladding (slats) oscillates thus creating a vertical upward movement across the whole 93 meters shaft.

Well, today I've decided to catch up my reading on Nietzsche. I have this love-hate relationship with him. We go on dates and after a couple of them, I just can't see him anymore, he just tires me out. Overall, it's a complicated relationship. Who knows, after all these reading I might just write something about morality, religion & churches. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment