Tuesday 12 January 2010

dangerous sundays


I'm not in the right mind today, so apologies for a sombre mood. A close dear family member has just gone through surgery for colon cancer. I'm glad the surgery went well & I'm particularly relieved to hear from him as well. My thoughts are with you & your family. It's hard to hear bad news, no matter how many times I've heard it before. Cancer has been particularly rough to me, my parents & extended family. I've lost relatives, nearly lost my beloved father & found some growth but at a very early stages in me as well. And since my own experience, I'm humbled with life each day as it comes. I know many of you can relate to this.

I once heard someone said, '...Almost dying doesn't change anything, dying changes everything.' I beg to differ. It certainly does change everything regardless the final outcome. Somehow, I believe everyone has a 'Reset' button and sometimes the button is pressed and thus reboots the system. Much similar to computers, rebooting doesn't necessary mean that you forget everything and start completely afresh, certain traces of information is left in the body as history. Obviously, new processes will gain momentum and hopefully avoids the humps & bumps it encountered before. Of course, not every person is the same. But that doesn't stop the fighting spirit is each one of us. I'll leave you with this:

'If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we all can learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up or you Fight Like Hell.' ...Lance Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment